|NEW song in support of Samer Issawi : HUNGRY|
|Friday, 01 February 2013 19:47|
In support of Samer Issawi, hunger striking Palestinian prisoner in Israeli detention, Doc Jazz has released a new song: HUNGRY. It is also dedicated to others currently on hunger strike: Ayman Sharawneh, Jaffar Ezzedine and Tariq Kaadan.
The song is in Doc Jazz's unique style of hip-hop, which blends Palestinian folkloric themes in with jazz-funk inspired beats and melodies. The result is a fierce protest from a first-person perspective, depicting some of the elements of Samer Issawi's struggle, but also referring to the cases of other famous Palestinian hunger strikers like Khader Adnan, Hanaa Al Shalabi and Mahmoud Al Sarsak. Samer Issawi broke all records by continuing his hunger strike well beyond 190 days, and his protest is being answered by calls from the international community upon the Israeli regime to release him. We can only hope he survives this brave struggle, and this song aims to give a boost to the international outcry about his ordeal.
You can empower this boost by sharing this song widely. It is being offered as a free download to enable others to use this mp3 to amplify Samer's voice. Video enthousiasts are encouraged to use it to make a video on Youtube, and others are invited to share the song widely via social media, but also to play it loudly wherever this is deemed possible. For more information and updates about Samer Issawi, visit websites like Occupied Palestine, Electronic Intifada and Addameer.
Read on, and you will find an embedded player to play the song, while the lyrics will be posted below it.
HUNGRY - Doc Jazz
Copyright © 2013 Doc Jazz
You'd think you'd read about me in the New York Times
Most Popular Articles
- New poster/drawing by Doc Jazz: Free Samer Issawi (43626)
- Can Zionism fool all of the people all of the time? (14073)
- Nakba-denial: whitewashing Zionist crimes (11202)
- NEW song in support of Samer Issawi : HUNGRY (9241)
- One Direction, Kim Kardashian: tweeting for Israel (9077)
- Samer Issawi's Victory Letter - English and Arabic (8508)
- Doc Jazz: all songs free until further notice (8116)
- Imprisoned in isolation, on hunger strike: Ayman Abu Daoud (7657)
- Twitterstorms are back! Alaa Hammad, political prisoner in Israeli jail (7489)
- Samer Issawi at risk of imminent death, on artificial ventilation (7298)